Re: /boot too small for updaeting to RedHat 9

Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:05:48 +0200, Pekka K. Kurki wrote:

I have RH 7.1 installed and would like to do an update - not a new installation - to RH9. During Update procedure the installation program states that I have about 130 kB space missing in /boot partition to install the new /boot files. Any tricks how I can make it. I tried to delete the file .journal before the installation but the system would not allow me to do so. Any suggestions? (Besides re-partitioning...) Here the current contents of /boot:

Delete all files, since you won't need them anymore anyway. In
particular, you won't need the big vmlinux-2.4.2-2 file.

If /boot has not enough space to hold at least the new kernel files,
do you really need a separate /boot partition? You could modify
/etc/fstab of your RHL 7.1 to not mount a separate /boot partition and
move the directory onto your /-partition where you should have no
space problems.

- -- Michael, who doesn't reply to top posts and complete quotes anymore.

OK, thanks! I think that deleting vmlinux-2.4.2-2 will do the job! Herzlichen Dank!

regards /Grüsse

Pekka