The end of RHL for private use?

I'm just a user following the thread. I did some checking - playing what if. The cheapest Suse distribution is $99.00, but won't install without a maintenance pack for $499.00.

Red Hat WS can be downloaded for $179.00, but doesn't include documentation, support or most of the server packages I want. You can download Red Hat ES for $349.00 to get the server packages without documentation or support - it's $799.00 with documentation and support.

I have used support email twice and don't feel I need it. I don't need a package that does more than one cpu or 64-bit. What I do need is something better than a desktop (emachine plus office) at an affordable price. I'm disabled and affordable for me falls well below the quotes I found. I haven't checked Fedora, but am feeling a bit down after reviewing my choices. RH9 may be the last package I can afford if this goes worst-case.

The quotes were just a quick info gathering, not at all thorough.
--
"Never send a human to do a machine's job." - Agent Smith