Re: RedHat, Fedora, and the Future of Life as We Know it [*SP* 46%]

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

At 10:57 9/27/2003, you wrote:

Ogg is open
source and GPL and it behooves those interested in GPL to help to move
in that direction, thereby forcing vendors of mp3 technology to
implement ogg - such as cd players, portable music devices, cd writing
software packages such as MusicMatch, Roxio, etc.

Offhand, does anyone know of either car or home players that support the OGG format?

Roxio DVD Creator 6 {or something like that} does support Ogg, at least in the version I bought to convert the MP3's I have ripped from my own CD's to Ogg and lets me rip my Cassette Tapes and Records as well :^).

This is all I was able to find for Hardware Ogg Players :
Sharp's Linux-based Zaurus handheld
Neuros Audio Player {Beta update I think} http://neurosaudio.com/

Hopefuly Thompson will not have any luck discouraging hardware vendors
from supporting Ogg.