Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 08:34, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Let's say I somehow missed 10 people, or even 100 people, for each
> one I did see. Doubtful, since I get all the list traffic just like
> everyone else, but just for kicks and giggles. We then have 1,000
> (the 10-or-so I saw times 100) who are leaving immediately, and
> another 2000 or so who are going to make sure they cover their backs
> by knowing what the competition offers at this point.

Don't forget that there are MANY more uses of Red Hat that don't post to
this list...

> Considering the many thousands of people on this list, that's still a
> small fraction. My reading of this whole discussion is that most
> people would want a longer EOL for Fedora, but that otherwise it's
> wait and see for now.

A good many of them could be waiting to see what we do with the Fedora
Legacy project, a community effort to extend the EOL for Fedora, for
key packages that really deserve attention.  Extending that EOL from ~9
months to 1.5 years or so falls right into that missing area between
Fedora and RHEL.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net