Re: Fedora and other RH alternatives

Guy Fraser wrote:

> <RANT>

> The other reason it makes me ill, is that working in the IT field I
> see so many bugs in Microsoft software and the putrid arrogance of
> their support is sickening. The crapy dll's apparently written with
> the sole purpose of allowing worms and viruses to invade with
> impunity are rampant. Sometimes I just like to actualy do some work
> rather than fight with my computer to do what it was supposed to do.
> I know that is a novel idea, but since the wine nptl problem was
> fixed my RHL machine and I have got along quite well. In the meantime
> many of the windows machines have been infected at one time or
> another since they were installed.
> </RANT>

While I agree with you, you don't know about buggy crap software,
infinite arrogance and sky-high prices until you have had the "pleasure"
to deal with Oracle Corp. Their database, while very slow, at least
works, but most of their other software...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 8.0 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/