Re: Fedora and other RH alternatives

Guy Fraser said:

> I can't see how RHEL can make significant inroads on the corporate
> desktop if RH will not support wine {as I have been told is the case.}
> There are so many software vendors who seem to have no intention of
> ever porting to linux that it seems if their software will run with
> wine, it would be a very good thing to support.

Codeweavers I'm sure would be happy to sell you a supported wine setup:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/

IMHO, wine is not in line with RH's goals of promoting free software.  On
top of that there is already another company doing wine (and well from
what I hear) so RH probably feels that their development time is spent
elsewhere.

--
William Hooper