Re: CD R/W Ratings

Ron Cordell wrote:

So, where can I find ratings of CD R/W quality, and other things like longevity ratings for CD/RW disk manufacturers?

-ronc

Sorry, but I don't remember exactly where I saw the article, but I think it was Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com). It was a year or two ago, and they tested CD-R/W media for burning speed and for errors. The Yamaha media came out on top, with no media errors, followed by CompUSA media, which had a few soft errors. The Imation media was close to the top, with a few soft errors. I went to buy some of the CompUSA media, and could not find it in the stores, so I bought some Imation CD-R's. They have worked very well, but I have never been able to burn at the maximum rated speed. (cdrecord starts out close to the max, then 'slows' the burn rate down).

You might want to look at:

http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/primer.pdf

It's a 176 page pdf on CD-R/W with lots of good info.