Re: CD R/W Ratings -> An extension

Since the subject is somehow related:
by monday will be arriving the dvd writer I bought (LG 4040B), so anyone has any tips on the funcionality of it? Like, the same line on grub enabling ide-scsi should do the trick or it's a litle more complicated to burn dvds? I also downloded severn2 but havent installed yet (didnt got the time to play). Would it be more advisable to install it first on Shrike and test or go straight to the juice and possible a lot of hours of frustartion trying to get it to work on the beta?
Also, wath media brands are recomendable?
Thanks a lot!

Vantroy

Ron Cordell wrote:

From another thread:

If the media is is of high quality, it will burn at a faster rate. Last time I looked, Yamaha CD-R's were rated as the best, followed by CompUSA's CD-R's, and Imation was close by. Yamaha's CD-R's are more expensive, but you might try buying a couple and see what speed they will burn.

So, where can I find ratings of CD R/W quality, and other things like longevity ratings for CD/RW disk manufacturers?

-ronc