Re: OT: Anyone try making their own distro?

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

At 13:43 9/26/2003, you wrote:

Anyone ever tried to make their own distro before?
Was it worth the effort or is it better to just migrate with the herd?

I like (c): support a vendor who is trying to move Linux forward and who invests in improving the technologies, and quit wanting to get everything deliverd for free.

Its not about wanting everything for free, if RH tomorrow said no more free downloads ya had to buy a copy for the current $30.00 I would be fine with that. I'm bent because they are dropping an entire product (of which I have three PAID copies) with no care about the end users. I run RH on my notebook, my desktop, and I just wasted a month and a half convinceing brass to switch from windows to RedHat on 90% of our servers.

I went to RedHat because I was sick of paying through the nose for crap from Microsoft, or using hacked copies that always fudged up. So here was a cool OS with full source and it only cost me $30 (I bought it cause I liked having the books and stickers :) )

Andre