Re: adding ttf fonts

James Jones wrote:

Was what you found on the net the font deuglification HOWTO? You might want to go through the rigamarole in any case. If I understand correctly, older programs don't use fontconfig, and hence won't see fonts installed via the new (and much simpler!) procedure, so that if you want to use one of those older programs, you end up going through the old routine as well.

James Jones

Corrections to any errors in this message are cheerfully welcomed.

Installing the fonts into OpenOffice is enough on RH9 since the OpenOffice fonts directory is on the path used by xfs. So you don't need to go through the rigmarole. The font de-uglification HOWTO, as I recall, also goes on a lot about enabling TTF fonts in X, and support has been there on RH since ages ago.

jch