Re: Best HD Partitoning Scheme

Joe wrote:

> Stephen Liu wrote:

> >I am running 4 partitions on my OS, namely boot, swap, root and home.
> >'fdisk' only allows 4 partitons.  How can I create additional partitions
> >such /var /tmp /usr /etc

> Correction, the bios allows 4 primary partitions. Make an extended
> partition and you can add as many logical partitions to that as you
> want. Well, there is a limit, but I doubt you'll run into it.

It isn't that hard. Linux FDISK versions I've used limit total to 16. If
you let it write the table on a disk with more than 16, you lose all
beyond #16. I have more than that on a 40GB, and if I had larger,
there'd be a whole lot more.

Check out URL below.
--
"...[B]e quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry...."
                                                James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/partitioningindex.html