Best HD Partitoning Scheme

I have two hard drives on my computer. The "master" is 30Gb and has a Windows partition on it -- although I can devote a portion of the drive to another partition. My second drive is 160Gb. Both drives are on the same controller. I can pretty much devote all of the second drive to Linux. I will be running a MySQL development server which I don't expect to have more than 2Gb data. My wife and daughter will have accounts on the Linux system. Given all the above -- and whatever else information I can provide that folks might deem appropriate -- what would you all suggest as the "best" partitioning scheme? A swap partition on the first drive? A separate home partition on the second drive? A separate partition for the MySQL data? All Linux on one big partition?

Thanks.

Randy