Success !! ( Re: Antwort: Re: Lotus Notes on RH ... _

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies !

It was a 'misunderstanding' regarding what kind of wine I was 'drinking'
since i had both CodeWeavers' and winehq's ones installed.
Now my LNotes is installed on Linux and here it is running ...

I am very glad it works; now I only have to buy a CodeWeavers license ...

BTW, does Lotus Notes Sametime work on you Linux as well ? This is another
piece of software I'd like migrated.

Really appreciated,
-ionut-

|         |           Andreas.Reschke@be|
|         |           hrgroup.com       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           shrike-list-admin@|
|         |           redhat.com        |
|         |           09/17/2003 05:26  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           shrike-list       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx                                                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Antwort: Re: Lotus Notes on RH ...                                                                          |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,
Whats the problem with Notes and Linux? I'm writing this mail with Notes
5.0.10 on shrike with codeweavers office 2.0.1 and it works without
problem. Can you point me your problem?

Bye
Andreas
--
BEHR GmbH & Co                          Tel. 0711-896-4598
Andreas Reschke                         Fax: 0711-8902-4598

Brian Schmidt <bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
17.09.2003 03:44
Bitte antworten an shrike-list

        An:     shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
        Kopie:
        Thema:  Re: Lotus Notes on RH ...

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 Ionut.Rusu.Boca@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to make LNotes 5 work on RH using wine ( winehq.org ) but so
> far could not quite succeed it ...
> I've also tried to use CodeWeavers' wine but same results ...
>
> Has any of you succeeded in making LNotes work on Linux ?

I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard from several people that
have.  It seems to work as well as anything else.  Check out the first 3
main results on a google search for 'lotus notes linux wine':

http://www.winecentric.com/notes5.shtml
http://www.dominopower.com/issues/issue200201/server001.html
        http://www.dominopower.com/issues/issue200201/server002.html
        http://www.dominopower.com/issues/issue200201/server003.html
http://www.developer.ibm.com/tech/faq/individual/0,,2:25424,00.html

Some of these are dated and you can probably find more recent articles if
you keep looking.  If it worked well in 2001/2002, it should theoretically
work even better now.

--
bts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.