RE: dual processor, RH9, XFree86, NVIDIA

You will need to recompile the Nvidia drivers for the Single Kernel, and
when you switch back to the SMP Kernel do it again. It appears that you can
only have one copy of the driver, which is used by the running kernel. (You
need to boot into the single CPU kernel to recompile/configure the Nvidia
drivers)

Glxgears, is the program to use to test that 3D is working, but don't use it
for benchmarking as it's not really good for that. A 3D game like Quake III
or UT2003 will be better for that.

What Processors and Mother board are you using??

I'm running Dual Athlons, and the Nvidia Drivers (Their latest) and all is
working fine.

Wolf