up2date-nox

'up2date-nox -fui'  / 'up2date -fui --nox' dies if you have an ssh session
open with X11 forwarding enabled with no X server running.  I think the
userhelper/consolehelper program is croaking because it cannot open a window
on the X server to ask for a password.  It happens whether run as a user who
must be prompted for the root password or run after 'su' to root.  Shouldn't
(can it) the authentication mechanism be told to run on cli if I issue
to --nox option to up2date, if that is in fact the problem?

With an X server running if I run up2date -fui I am prompted graphically for
a password and then it goes back to doing things about the command line
(this is mostly the part that makes me think that the authentication
mechanism is what's croaking), whereas if I type up2date it stays graphical.
This is all using PuTTY and Cygwin on Windows.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

My apologies if this is the second post that comes from me about this; I
havent seen the otehr appears in the last 4 hours and assuming it didnt make
it....