Re: module-info missing from Rawhide kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl.i686

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 15:50, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> try passing "acpi=off" on the grub commandline of the kernel

I'll try that next just to make sure, but the problem appears to be
IEEE1394/SBP2/OHCI1394 related. I just tried to boot the Rawhide kernel
three times: the first time it didn't even make it to the init stage,
but hung where the kernel messages say something about Ben Collins and
ohci; the second and third times it made it to where the init scripts
were running, but hung just after mounting the local file systems and
enabling swap space when it initializes the firewire controller (which
has an OK next to it, so it seems to initialize and then hang). So the
messages on the screen the second and third time are:

Enabling swap space:				[ OK ]
Initializing firewire controller (ohci1394):	[ OK ]

In all three cases I had to do a hard reset.

I will try the acpi=off to see if that has any effect as soon as I've
sent this email.

Best, Darren