Re: Searching mailing lists (Was: cdroast and searching mailing lists

John Meagher wrote:

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:47:32PM +1000, Andrew Smith wrote:

For shrike it's only 6 files at the moment.
ungzip them, join them together then you can even stick the file
in an imap directory and do searching/ordering/whatever with your
favourite imap client.
Or - if your like me - use grep and vi to find what your looking for
in a terminal window and an imap client in another window :-)

That's where I am now, with mutt, grep and vi. That works fine,
and mutt is great with the threads, but you wouldn't want to go through the download-and-combine routine every time you have a question involving a different database. If the list files were
just unzipped at Red Hat, wouldn't Google pick them up like it does other lists?

My preference would be for Red Hat to provide a search engine on the mailing list page.

Andrew Robinson