cdroast and searching mailing lists

Here's the actual question: what are the differences between cdroast and cdrecord? Why would I want to use one over the other?

I remember seeing a discussion on this in the fairly recent past. However, it wasn't a concern of mine at the time, so I didn't pay attention. Which brings me to the second question. How would I search the mailing list for past discussions? Wending my way through the mailing list pages at Red Hat, it appears the best I can do is look through all the messages a month at a time. I cannot find a way to request "Show me discussions on this subject". Can it be done? How?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson