Re: Searching mailing lists (Was: cdroast and searching mailing lists

John Meagher said:

> It does appear that Red Hat's filing system makes the database
> ungoogleable.
> (OED, take note).  I have been thinking about devising some random
> access
> approach as an exercise for learning about mysql.  Is this unnecessary?
> Does a tool exist for digging into the monthly archives?

Why not just download the mbox and then use it however you like?
For shrike it's only 6 files at the moment.
ungzip them, join them together then you can even stick the file
in an imap directory and do searching/ordering/whatever with your
favourite imap client.
Or - if your like me - use grep and vi to find what your looking for
in a terminal window and an imap client in another window :-)

--
-Cheers
-Andrew

MS ... if only he hadn't been hang gliding!