Re: WvDial Problem: No Carrier Found

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 14:58, Sh@xxx wrote:
> hello friends,
<snip>
> I use a Xircom Credit Card Ethernet +56 K Modem. The
> same settings work in the windows, where there I see
> one more option of prefix 91 for India, but even if I
> write a Prefix =91 in the /etc/wvdial.conf file, it
> does not work.
>
> Can someone help?
> Thanks a Lot,
> I am facing a good deal of problem but am trying very
> hard to solve it.
> Regards,
> Rebel

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Rebel,

I had the same problem just yesterday with a modem that has been fine
for months.  after a few minutes changing the settings and what-not, I
found to my chagrin that the phone line had been severed in the yard.
(ie. no carrier detected).

Have you checked your modem line or the pig-tail of the card (if it has
one)?