Odd firewall request

Could someone instruct me on how to configure iptables to allow X-Window
traffic?

OK, it's an odd request. The reason is this. I have a copy of MacX.
That's mac-ex, as in X-Windows. It's an X-Windows client for Macintosh
sold by Apple until about 1998 or so. I'd like to be able to use my Umax
Mac-clone to access my Red Hat box. I know that in terms of security,
allowing X-Windows across the network is a Bad Thing. I'm hoping that in
the short term, doing this on my home network behind the cable router
firewall will be secure enough. I know that X-Windows can be funneled
through ssh, but I have no idea how to accomplish that on the Mac side.
Given that the Mac is in the den and the Linux box is not, it would give
me "comfortable" access to Linux while sitting next to my wife. She
would appreciate that. In the longer term, I figure this would give me
some practical experience with iptables, a topic I don't know anywhere
near enough about.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson