Re: 2.6.0-test1 configuration issues

If you were to build a Linux box optimized for the newest 2.6 kernel,
what motherboard, cpu, video card, and memory type would you use?
(I'd like to keep the cost of those four components under $500., so am
hoping to find a barebones combo somewhere.)

Features I need:

1.  I'd like to be able to do video editing.
2.  I need to be able to do audio recording (minimum 16bit, 44.1KHz and
low noise) editing.
3.  I need stereo line in for the audio (low noise).
4.  I need low rf noise (the Intel boards are reportedly good for this,
not sure about any of the others), will also need a case tested for low
rf noise as well.
5.  I'd really love to find a case with a 12vdc in rather than 120vac in
power supply but so far what few I have seen are way too expensive.

Thanks!  dmc