RE: x-windows broke

Joebewan and Doc,
I tried running redhat-config-xfree86 from the command line
and it tried to run graphically and locked up again.  I've
also tried to run as root with the same lockup.  How would I
restore the old config file?  I finally found a log that
might give some of you guys a clue on how to fix this.  It's
named .xsession-errors and is in the /home/bob directory.
Here's a copy:

SESSION_MANAGER=local/linuxbox/tmp/.ICE-unix/2594

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not
find handler containing data (0x826D0B0)

Shutting down console mouse services: [ OK  ]^M
Starting console mouse services: [  OK  ]^M
Waiting for component to die --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent(1)
Waiting for component to die --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent(1)

Can anyone give me a clue to what's happening?
Bob