Re: Orinoco Gold card

At 7/17/2003 07:44 -0700, you wrote:
Anyway, I now want to get a different card one that is WIDELY used and
supported in RH. I was wondering specifically about the Orinoco Gold card and
if people thought it was easy to setup or if it was supported out of the box.
More broadly what wireless cards are people on this list using, could you give
me a hint at how easy setup was and how happy you are with the card?

I have only used Orinoco Gold and Silver cards and both were great. Psyche and Shrike both contain the drivers to handle them built-in. My new Thinkpad notebook had WiFi built-in, using an Intersil Prism chipset. That one is not supported "automagically" by RH but is handled superbly well by the linux-wlan-ng project which provides RPM packages. More work, but the results are just as satisfactory.

What _I'd_ like to find is a good Access Point with some more power... mine has trouble reaching parts of the house due to the concrete and steel construction. Currently using a Linksys WAP11 and happy, but need more power.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx