Re: PDA Recommendation

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 08:17:43AM -0700, Joe wrote:
> You just about have me convinced - I'm wavering between a laptop and a
> PDA for emergency remote access to client sites when I get called at odd
> hours. Riddle me this,  what kind of fees are you having to pay for the
> wireless internet access?

Fees?  Ever heard of Kismet? ;-)

Actually, there is public access all over the place in NYC, and just
about anywhere I go, my friends have a WiFi AP in their homes.  In the
'burbs, there is always PPP via the cell phone ...

Typing on the Zaurus is no piece of cake ... it's not the tool to use
when all hell has broken loose. As a simple diagnostic and simple
administration tool, it's great, especially if you throw together a few
scripts or aliases so you don't have to type "less /var/log/messages",
etc. (though completion helps a lot). If you take a car everywhere, get
the laptop.  I live near NYC and don't have a car, so lugging a laptop,
even a light one, is a hassle.  Other options include the tiny Fujitsu
or Sharp sub-notebooks, or even an iPaq with a laptop-sized fold-away keyboard.
(I haven't bothered to get a fold-away keyboard for the Zaurus, though
I'd like one.)

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky