Re: ide-scsi problems

steve wrote:
Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:

steve wrote:

When I try to rip a track from an audio CD using cdparanoia the kernel crashes with the caps lock and scroll lock led blinking.

Been there. Samer kernel version. My motherboard is 815 chipset base. I switched to the developmental version in Arjan's directory (version 2.4.20-13.9.1 - The problem went away.

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/testkernels/

Well I tried the 2.4.20-13.9.1 kernel and still have the problem. I guess the kernel developers are having problems with the Via chipset.
Steve

I guess I got lucky with getting rid of the problem then. My cap locks and scroll locks started flashing when the CD was finalizing. The CDR was still burned successfully. The problem happened with upgrading from the previous kernel to 2.4.20-13.9 version. Now I am confused to why my problem disappeared, with the test kernel. Though, I'm glad it went away.

Did you try a kernel version, other than I686 ?

sorry you had no luck.

Jim

PS - I took out the hdx=ide-scsi from the boot loader also. It didn't make a difference, with or without it. But it worked for other problems.
My processor is a PIII (coppermine).

--
Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car.
		-- Evan Davis