Re: ide-scsi problems

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 18:30, steve wrote:
> When I try to rip a track from an audio CD using cdparanoia the kernel
> crashes with the caps lock and scroll lock led blinking.
> Using Linux  2.4.20-13.9
> Using a Memorex 52MAXX 2452AJ CDRW
> Using MSI KT266A mainboard
> If I use the standard CD the kernel does not miss the interrupt.
> CD-ROM 48X/AKU
> Both CD's are ide-scsi.

While this _is_ an issue with the kernel, perhaps worth filing in into
Bugzilla, i would suggest anyway to get rid of the IDE-SCSI emulation.
As has been discussed in this forum, the emulation is no longer required
by the RH 9 kernels to do CD-Writing.
Read the archives of this mailing list.

--
Florin Andrei

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato