Re: Update blues [OT - best RH version for average network server]

That's what I figured you meant. Not that I'm adverse to that, my client (who's paying hourly) probably is.

So stick with 7.3, and check for kernel and security updates, and call it a day? Anything else to look out for?

I'm just pretty bummed, after I talked Linux up as being waaaay better than windoze (which it still is), to have to explain away all these problems. They're definately converts after the last server I built for them, but I'm sure it's getting harder to remember the those 4 years of 99.999% uptime now that the new box has been off and on for a month. :-(

Thanks for your comments

damonp

--On Saturday, May 24, 2003 11:07 AM -0400 Jeff Kinz <jkinz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

| On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 10:01:26AM -0500, Damon Parker wrote:
|> What do you mean by more work?
|>
|> Mixing and matching a bunch of packages?
| And doing the research to determine which ones will affect your stability
| adversely. (almost unknowable without installing and testing... :-) )
|

|> damonp
|>

|> --On Saturday, May 24, 2003 10:52 AM -0400 Jeff Kinz <jkinz@xxxxxxxx>
|> wrote:
|>
|> | The last Release before these two tracks were getting established was
|> | RedHat 7.3.  Unless you want to lay out big bucks for an AS or ES
|> | package RedHat 7.3 was the last "stability" release released for the
|> | desktop.
|> |
|> |
|> | It is also possible to create your own "stability" release by combining
|> | downloadable ISO's of RedHat packages associated with the ES/AS
|> | products.
|> |