Re: RHN Channels on RHL 9

Jake Mazur said:
> Good evening everyone,
>
> I am a home user who has recently upgraded to RHL 9 from RHL 8.0 and has
> ran into an unexpected issue -- I am unable to change the RHN channel to
> which my PC is subscribed.
>
> I tried deleting my current PC and re-registering with RHN, but that did
> not help.  When running "up2date --register", RHL 8.0 was selected by
> default.  Odd, since I am using RHL 9.  I was unable to change the
> version of Red Hat Linux neither during the registration nor upon
> logging in to my account on RHN.  The RHL 8.0 channel is the only one
> shown in my account on RHN.  I have a "Demo" entitlement on RHN for this
> PC.
[snip]

Someone mentioned this in the archives, but never answered that their
problem was resolved...

Check that you have the correct version of redhat-release.  Here's mine:

[whooper@xxxx whooper]$ rpm -qa redhat-release
redhat-release-9-3

Also, you might try forcing an update of your profile:

[whooper@xxxx whooper]$ up2date --help

usage: up2date [OPTIONS] [<packages>]

[snip]
  -p, --packages        update packages associated with this System
Profile on Red Hat Network

--
William Hooper