RHN Channels on RHL 9

Good evening everyone,

I am a home user who has recently upgraded to RHL 9 from RHL 8.0 and has
ran into an unexpected issue -- I am unable to change the RHN channel to
which my PC is subscribed.

I tried deleting my current PC and re-registering with RHN, but that did
not help.  When running "up2date --register", RHL 8.0 was selected by
default.  Odd, since I am using RHL 9.  I was unable to change the
version of Red Hat Linux neither during the registration nor upon
logging in to my account on RHN.  The RHL 8.0 channel is the only one
shown in my account on RHN.  I have a "Demo" entitlement on RHN for this
PC.

As a result of being subscribed to the RHL 8.0 channel instead of the
RHL 9 channel, the RHN Alert Notification Tool 2.0.9 is showing that 19
updates are available (the network alert icon is red with a flashing
exclamation point) ...but when I run up2date, it tells me that my
system is up to date and no updates are needed.  Up2date is showing that
I am subscribed to the RHL 8.0 channel.

What should I do?  I did look at the FAQ's on www.redhat.com and on the
RHN, but did not find an answer to this dilemma.  Please help.

Looking forward to your suggestions,
--
Jake Mazur <jakubmazur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Charlotte, NC