Re: starting and stopping samba

>Good to hear.  A Google search suggests this, so maybe there is bug that
>shows up when using interfaces?

Could be. Well, this is working now, so that's progress

>>>Sorry, I assumed you were trying to use Samba only on the internal
>>>interface.  What happens if you comment this line out and let Samba
>>> figure
>>>it out?

Not sure that I can tell any difference, but samba does seem to know it's
supposed to use both NICs so, I think I can just drop that line completely

>Can't help you with that, because I've always had DNS and/or WINS to do
>name resolution.  If you are using broadcasts I believe that it takes a
>maximum of 12 minutes to get on the browse list.  Are you talking about on
>the local machine?  For example:
>
>[whooper@xxxxxxxx ~] $ smbclient -L myserver

Yes, I was running the command on the local machine. When I try to login to a
share from a windows client, I am just repeatedly prompted for user name and
password. Also, doing net view \\servername from the windows box reports:
system error 5 has occurred, access is denied

>[insert dicussion of the evils of running smb on the internet...]

Actually, it's a coporate WAN, so there *should* be a firewall, but the IT
people around here are...well....you know.

regards,

shane.