Re: Pick one: blender

On 11 May 2003, Tino Meinen wrote:

> > There are RH9  rpm's for blender (and loads of other apps) available to
> > install for anyone who feels like it.

> Do I understand correctly that you opt for a minimalistic distribution
> where people can choose to install the applications they want later on?

i think that's a good philosophy.  red hat should not be responsible
for satisfying every user's desire for their favorite tool.

also, i might be wrong, but if red hat bundles an app with their
distro, then they become responsible for Q/A for that app, for
accepting bug reports for it via bugzilla, and so on.

at some point, RH can reasonably be expected to draw the line.
(theoretically, i would think that, in the extreme, any distro
should fit on a single DVD, no?)

anyway, just my $0.02 canadian.  (which, these days, is becoming
worth more and more american. :-)

rday