Re: ATI Radeon IGP chipset...

Hi:

I have an Compaq Evo N1020v with the ATI Radeon IGP. I have the same
problem. I hope that Red Hat will include this type of video adapters
because is used in many portable computers today.

I am using Red Hat but, I have also another problems:

My sound card is not supported at all,
my input device is not full supported,
my DVD/CD-RW is not supported just work as a CD-ROM,
my battery status is not full supported.

I am wonder because the computer comes with XP Professional were all this
stuff works fine, but I love Red Hat Linux. This is why I am still running
on Linux. But I think Red Hat must have a better support for portable
computers is they want to go to the Desktop seriously.

I am a software consultant. Currently I cannot recommend Red Hat on
portables because this type of problems. :(

I will still use it and hope that Red Hat will work on a better support of
portables. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo