Re: How come Acme didn't ship with shrike?

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 03:55, Bruce P. Morin wrote:

> I am not sure why Red Hat didn't include it, but I tried it with 9.0 and
> it didn't recognize the keys for my Dell Multimedia keyboard. Do you
> happen to know what key boards are supported? I would really like to get
> something like this working, especially since I am not married to the
> Dell board I have.

That's odd, Bruce. The machine I tested acme on before as part of
garnome is a Dell Inspiron 8200 with an external Dell PS/2 keyboard. I
got almost all the extra keys on the Inspiron's built-in keyboard and
all the extra keys on the external keyboard to work. Th external
keyboard has button for email, home, search and power-off, and all of
those worked under acme for me. The Inspiron itself has volume up,
volume down, play/pause, stop, next, and forward, and I seem to recall
that I had most of those working in most apps, although not all the
time. I'm assuming that acme will only keep getting better and better,
so rather than switch keyboards I'd advise submitting a bug report to
the developers.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com