How come Acme didn't ship with shrike?

I remember using garnome on Mandrake 8.2 since before phoebe was
announced and acme (a little daemon for making all those extra
multimedia etc keys on modern keyboards work with GNOME) was working
great. I actually have had better things to think about since installing
RHL9 (which, BTW, has been great) but just now I finally noticed that I
missed acme. Given that it seemed pretty stable to me, why wasn't it
included?

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com