ATI Drivers For 9700 Pro

Hello Everyone,

Got a quick question for those of you that may be better informed than
I. Does anyone know if ATI will be supporting XFree 4.3? When ATI
released drivers for their 9700Pro for 4.1 and 4.2 we thought wow! This
is great, our new cards will be supported.

I guess we figured that ATI was going to keep up this practice, but
unfortunately, they haven't released an update to their driver since
November 29, 2002. Currently we have about 10 9700s in our shop and
either we wait and stick it out with RH 8, or drop them completely and
move on to Nvidia based cards.

If you've heard of anything either way, it would be greatly appreciated
if you pass that info along. I would hate to spend a few thousand
dollars just for ATI to release the drivers the following week.

Thanks again.
--
Bruce P. Morin <bpmorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
SafePoint E-Technology Group, LLc.