Re: why the hell, my pcmcia modem doesn't work any more

Christoph Lehmann wrote:
with shrike and worked wonderfully with psyche? Am I alone with this
problem?

Thanks for any kind help

Christoph

My pcmcia problems started with psyche and continued into shrike. The /etc/pcmcia/config file is now set to 644, but I don't think that is the problem with the file. For me, my ethernet card does not work with this file, post 7.3 version. It is set to 755 permission. Also, the version 8 was set to 755.

I don't know what was added or deleted or reformatted within the file. But problem is not narroed down to just yourself. I share part of the pain for needing the retrofile from 7.3.

Jim C.

--
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.