Re: Postfix features Was: Re: Help - have I been hacked

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Res wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2003, joe wrote:
>
> > The best bet is to analyze this information:
> >
> > http://www.postfix.org/big-picture.html
>
> Much the same as sendmail.
> I've seen no valid points as to what postfix does that sendmail can't
> and I've seen no explanation as to why postfix runs with a higher loading
> on the same hardware that sendmail does.

I doubt that is true on a properly configured system. I have seen many
discussions about this on various mailing lists and a properly configured
postfix system seems to win. If you can prove what you say I am sure the
postfix devel people would be interested.

> So unless postfix adventually runs with cleaner code that means lighter
> loads then sendmail, do more features than sendmail, I don't see why I
> should even entertain the idea of useing it, I know sendmail and I trust
> it.

I do not see why either. You are obviously in love with sendmail, therefore
you should stay with it. I do not see the point of trying to get someone to
dump one software package in favor of another, when they are happy with what
they are using.

OTOH maybe you just don't realize what your missing. :-)

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....