Re: Postfix features Was: Re: Help - have I been hacked

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> > Much the same as sendmail.
> > I've seen no valid points as to what postfix does that sendmail can't
> > and I've seen no explanation as to why postfix runs with a higher loading
> > on the same hardware that sendmail does.
>
> I doubt that is true on a properly configured system. I have seen many
> discussions about this on various mailing lists and a properly configured
> postfix system seems to win. If you can prove what you say I am sure the
> postfix devel people would be interested.

prove ? see my previous post.

> I do not see why either. You are obviously in love with sendmail, therefore
> you should stay with it. I do not see the point of trying to get someone to
> dump one software package in favor of another, when they are happy with what
> they are using.

Exactly, it works for me untill I see beneifts why would I or anyone
for that matter change ANY software?

> OTOH maybe you just don't realize what your missing. :-)

oh I think I can miss out on the headaches and the whinges from customer
support staff saying customers have problem with their emails :)

--
-Res

lns01-wick-bne> ipfirewall addb reject all from aol.com to 0