Re: Postfix features Was: Re: Help - have I been hacked

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:16:37AM +1000, Res wrote:

> I've seen no valid points as to what postfix does that sendmail can't
> and I've seen no explanation as to why postfix runs with a higher loading
> on the same hardware that sendmail does.

It doesn't.
The only way to make Postfix run with a higer load than Sendmail is to
do it on purpose. If you have any proof to the contary, please send it
to the postfix mailing list (postfix-users at postfix.org).
The people there will be very interested in your test results.

> So unless postfix adventually runs with cleaner code that means lighter
> loads then sendmail, do more features than sendmail, I don't see why I
> should even entertain the idea of useing it, I know sendmail and I trust
> it.

FWIW, I started to look at different smtp servers, found out that
making a sendmail configuration file involves a two-way pass though m4
and promptly decided to drop it from my list. Something that has
such a convulted setup process does not merit the time taken to learn
using it, IMHO.

Emmanuel