Re: Manually configuring modem line

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:14:36PM -0400, Christopher Wong wrote:

> > > So what happens if you pretend the UPS is a modem and let kudzu have
> > > a run at it?  Anything? Good or Bad?
>
> Did your UPS come with any Linux based software to make your linux box
> UPS-aware or UPS-friendly?

I eventually figured out the UPS thing (combination of a funny cable and
separation of configuration between /etc/ups/*.conf and
/etc/sysconfig/ups). But I would still like to know the answer to my
original question. Does kudzu actually DO anything other than to recognize
a modem? I don't see a /dev/modem link, for example. I wanted to know the
Approved Red Hat Way To Do This, since any custom futzing can get
clobbered by Red Hat utilities.

Chris