Re: Help - have I been hacked

Florin Andrei wrote:
On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 21:15, J Sloan wrote:

I'd be curious to know what you're doing with
sendmail that you don't think postfix can do

I'm not sure whether this is actually the point. Each one of these MTAs
has capabilities that the other one doesn't. Of course it makes sense to
use Sendmail when you need some of its unique features; same goes for
Postfix. So it's kinda pointless to debate that.
I'd love to know what capability sendmail
has that postfx doesn't - It took me several
years of looking at alternative MTAs to make
the decision to switch to postfix - and I was
determined not to switch to one that gave me
less flexibility that what I had with sendmail -

As far as I can tell, postfix can everything
sendmail can do, with one small exception,
the mailstats command - but pflogsumm will
do nicely as a substitute.

OTOH, postfix can do tricks that sendmail
can't do, at least not easily, or in stock form.

Joe