Re: RHN ISO's are out

Ed Wilts wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:01:31AM -0500, David Krider wrote:

Ha ha ha. See the URL's maybe. Maybe like me, you can subscribe, and still be getting them so slowly that you'll wind up not being able to install until next Monday anyway. I'm currently getting the big DONUT for transfer speeds. (And I just downloaded a 37 MB Java SDK at 130 KB/s, so I know there's room on my company's 2 T1's for at least that.)

My ISOs timed out and RHN is now so bad that paying customers can't even
do an up2date -l to see if the sendmail vulnerability has been patched.
I would have hoped that Red Hat would have able to separate RHN updates
from the ISO distributions but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sheesh. You'd have thought that Red Hat would have planned better for this. After all, we're finally talking about a demographic that's actually paid them money.

Just wait until next Monday if you think it's bad today...

All 3 of my download processes encountered read errors and of course I can't get back in to get them restarted. Quite dissapointing.

gerry