Re: Ximian Desktop 2 Woes

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I liked the slick Ximian look myself when I installed it once long ago.
That was before Red Hat Network came around. Then I wanted to upgrade to
another Red Hat release, but the Release Notes had this nastygram about
issues with Ximian Gnome, and I didn't know how to uninstall it. So I
did a fresh install rather than an upgrade of the new Red Hat release.

I don't know if Ximian has an uninstaller. Maybe it does. Have you
checked their web site to see what needs to be done if you want to
uninstall it?

I checked their web site and faqs. No uninstall feature uncovered. The install involved 371MB of packages, so I doubt there is any easy way to back out.

Gerry