Configuring 2 Machines to Connect to Internet

Hello Folks:
I have the following problem. I will be grateful to this list if they throw some light.

I have two machines, both running LINUX one running MANDRAKE 9.1 and one running RED HAT 9.0. The one running MANDRAKE is connected to the internet via DSL Modem. (I have a dynamic IP when I connect to Internet).
I have a hub with which I have connected the Red Hat 9 machine.
I want to run internet on this Red Hat 9 Machine also. I have a zero knowledge about how to do that.
I gave some wild tries like this:

On the Mandrake Machine I assigned an
IP 192.168.0.1,
Gateway also 192.168.0.1

Red hat machine 192.168.0.2 (via the option statically assign IP)
and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
gateway I put IP of Mandrake Machine a 192.168.0.1

I was able to ping 0.1 with 0.2 but was not able to Internet on 0.2

I may be wrong and I am ignorant. If someone can tell me how to configure what all to write, I will be really thankful.

PS: If you can refer me some pointers, that will also be appreciated

Thanks
Rohit
Get www. mycompany .com and 5 matching email ids.
Just Rs. 1499/ year.