Re: Professional Programmers Opinion

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 01:53 pm, Bill Gradwohl wrote:
> Are there any professional Programmers on this list?
>
> In particular, I'm a C/C++ bigot looking for someone to help
convince me to become a Java bigot instead. 8-)

> I get the feeling I'm missing out by not knowing and writing Java,
but there are a few things I don't like about the
language/environment and I'd like to trade a few emails with a
knowledgeable individual. Off list would probably be best.

Really depends on your goals.  Java is good on a resume right now and
if you plan to work on governemt contracts it is almost a necessity.
Personally I can find my way around Java but don't really care much
for it.  However, if I were still laying code a living instead of
designing networks I'd learn more about it.

Just my 2% FRN

--
Stephen Carville
Mom & Pop were just a couple of kids when they got married. He was