RE: Freeze of RH9 on Dual Athlon in SMP mode

I think the problem is more hardware than software. As I have tried to run
everything from RH7.3 to RH9. And tried all the kernels in between. So one
would think that at least one of them would resolve the problem.

Plus I also noticed that when the system appeared to work fine, once one
would reboot it, the system would get trashed when Linux does it's drive
check (Similar to Windows NT's after X amount of reboots, it does a drive
check). After the last Linux from scratch rebuild, I got feed up with it and
I decided to get the Tyan board. I didn't bother going and rebuilding Linux
from scratch, I simply put the drive into the system with the Tyan board and
it was running great ever since.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest. I guess the only ones that
can sort this problem out is MSI. As they designed the board. And since they
seem to be more Windows orientated, I can't see them even bothering to have
a look at the problem with regards to Linux.

Cheers, and good luck.

Wolf