Suppress the console output - pam_mkhomedir

I am setting up a RH9 box using winbind to authenticate against our NT
domain. In the process, I want to automatically create a home directory for
the user. I added: session   optional   pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skeltest
to /etc/pam.d/login and gdm. It works wonderfully except if the user logs in
via gdm/graphical login (run level 5), the output of the pam_mkhomedir
module scrolls down the login screen. It then pops up a box requiring user
input "OK."

I am looking to suppress this output. The user doesn't need to see what is
being created at login. Of course this only happens when they first login
but It is ugly since I am copying a ton of files.

Thanks,
Keith