RE: Freeze of RH9 on Dual Athlon in SMP mode

Yes, I have the 1.82 BIOS and that doesn't help. I am also experiencing
the same problem as you describe, the lockups ONLY occur in the SMP Linux
version. That made me think that it was "only" a matter of getting the
kernel to work on the board and thus I tried the 2.5.73 kernel, compiled
for SMP. It didn't help. Still the same hangs. It is also difficult to
help the developers since I have not yet seen an "oops" or any sort of
error message. The logs don't record anything and there is nothing on the
console. I have tried with and without X, since someone pointed ot it
could be a AMD/AGP problem, but no success. The same hangs.

/Björn