List of supported printers

Hi:

When I posted my first question to this forum yesterday ("Is this
(shrike-list) the proper forum for discussion regarding RedHat Linux
9.0?"), I did get a good laugh and one or two straight answers, for
which I'm grateful.

My query also generated some snide, irrelevant and nerdish, comments.

In the spirit of humor and fun, I am pleased that I could provide an
opportunity for some list members to indulge their egos and tickle a
few funny-bones.

I recognize some of the names on the list from my nearly ten years of
Linux mail-list participation.  I began using Linux when it took many
hours to download the armload of floppy disks required to install Linux
on a desktop computer.

I usually play one of the many Linux distributions for awhile, abandon
it, and maybe after a month or two, try another.  I am not dependent on
Linux for my computing needs, but I truly do enjoy using it (most of
the time).

I am old and forgetful, and my memory needs constant reinforcement.  I
remember a helluva lot of stuff about Linux - I just can't think of it
all right now - or else I can't remember where I put it.

I am running RH7.2 at the moment, as I await delivery of RH9, and I
can't get my Canon S300 USB printer to print properly in 7.2.  Either I
get 6 point text on 1/4 of the page of standard letter size paper
stock, or else I get nothing.  I've tried specifying the S400 and the
S450 (the only two Canon inkjet printers that appear to be even close
to mine).

Before RH9 arrives on my front stoop, I'd like to look at a list of
supported printers for RH9.  I could find nothing on the Red Hat web
site.

So, if anyone has an idea where I can find the info I need, I'd
appreciate a straight answer or two, again.

On the other hand, a funny or wacko answer would not be unwelcome,
either.

Thanks in advance.
--
Glenn